There is one hangover vitamin you should take if you plan to drink too much and want to avoid a hangover and that is a B-complex vitamin. Obviously, the best way to prevent a hangover is to not drink at all but if that is not an option and you want to go out every now and then to tie one on then prevent your hangover with a B-complex vitamin.
In truth, a B-Complex vitamin is a combination of eight different vitamins including folic acid, biotin, niacin, thiamine, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, and cyanocobalamin.
Granted these are all found in the food we eat every day but if you do tie one on and expect a hangover the next morning, then an extra pill or two may be necessary to prevent it and give you an energy boost.
The way to make this as effective as possible is to:
* Stay hydrated. This is important because alcohol will cause you be dehydrated and can increase your risk of getting a really bad hangover. Another benefit of drinking plenty of water is that you will be drinking less alcohol and may not drink too much in the first place.
* Take a B-Complex vitamin when you wake up the morning before the night you want to go out. Take it with a full glass of water and eat a good breakfast.
* Continue to drink water throughout your day and take another B-Complex vitamin after you eat some lunch, again, with a full glass of water.
* Keep a B-Complex in your pocket when you go out and take the hangover vitamin when you are ready to have your last drink. Just drink it with a full glass of water, not the other drink you have in your hand. Vitamin B-Complex will help restore your energy while you sleep. Either before you go out or while you are out, get some food into your stomach. Food slows down the absorption of alcohol by 80%.
* When you wake up in the morning, take another B-Complex vitamin with as much water as you can handle. You will probably feel fine, but this last vitamin can’t hurt.