There are two types of pain that you will feel. One is a sharp and quick pain that comes and goes quickly known as acute pain. The other kind comes gradually and lasts for long periods of time known as chronic. While both types of pain can be debilitating, especially in the back, chronic can be the most frustrating to deal with. It can cripple you and keep you from enjoying the life you have. While there may be no sure cure for the chronic pain you endure, there are options in chronic back pain relief that may help.
While you may find some methods and options that can help bring relief, this article is not meant to be taken as medical advice. For long-lasting pain, you may want to have your family doctor make a diagnosis and prescribe a treatment plan to help manage the healing and pain.
* Acupuncture has been known to help treat back pain for generations. Even though it is an ancient technique to help manage pain, it is still be used with frequency today. Many are able to manage their chronic back pain without medication while going through acupuncture. Be aware of how the needles are taken care of and make sure that all needles are accounted for and unbroken when removed from your body. If you use blood thinners, you may not want to use acupuncture. Acupuncture is believed to calm the nervous system while releasing chemicals in hormones that ill help heal the body.
* Creams with Capsaicin. Capsaicin is derived from cayenne and red peppers and has anti-inflammatory properties. It also is able to trigger an almost soothing sensation that takes the pain away. It might burn a little upon applying so use sparingly at first.
* Epsom Salt will help in maintaining normal nerve and muscle function. It can be absorbed through the skin and much relief can be found in having a hot bath with two cups of Epsom salt poured in. After soaking for about a half hour, you should feel good results.
* Deep breathing will you gain control of your body and manage pain. It allows you a chance to divert your attention from the area that is causing you pain. The same principle that helps pregnant women in giving birth by concentrating their breathing and mind on something will help. It is really most helpful because it can be done anytime and any place.
* Deep muscle massage can help with chronic pain. It can also help reduce anxiety and depression that can accompany chronic back pain.
* Chiropractic care can help manage chronic back pain. The spinal and joint manipulation helps to relieve pain as well as tight muscles, but it can also help bring about healing.
Chronic back pain may knock you out for a little while, but there is little reason for it to knock you out completely. Although it may take a number of ways and strategies working in concert together, chronic back pain relief can be found.