Teenage Girl Who Suffered Severe Burns After Boy Threw Pan Of Gas On Fire Passes Away

by Gee NY

A heartbreaking incident during the holiday break has left the community of Jacksboro, North Texas, in mourning as 17-year-old Madison Lewis passed away on the night of Saturday, Jan 6.

The teenager had suffered severe burns covering more than 90 percent of her body in a shocking accident weeks ago.

The tragic incident occurred at a gathering where Lewis was standing near a burn barrel. According to her mother, Ericca Hammond, another teen reportedly threw a pan filled with gasoline onto the fire, causing a catastrophic explosion that engulfed Lewis.

“I thought it was a cup at first, but now I found out that it was an actual pan full of gasoline into the barrel, and they say that it just exploded and just went in her direction,” shared Hammond. “It was devastating. Completely burned her whole body.”

Lewis was immediately taken to Parkland Hospital in Dallas, where she underwent multiple surgeries while being placed in a medically induced coma. Despite the efforts of medical professionals, the extent of her injuries proved insurmountable.

While there was a glimmer of hope earlier in the week when Lewis was briefly taken out of the coma and showed small movements with her tongue, her condition took a downturn, and she was placed back into the medically induced coma.

In the wake of this tragic loss, a donation fund is being set up to assist the grieving family with funeral expenses.

The community is rallying together to support the family during this incredibly difficult time.

The incident serves as a poignant reminder of the devastating consequences that can arise from seemingly innocent gatherings, emphasizing the importance of caution and safety, especially around potentially hazardous materials.

As the community mourns the loss of a young life cut short, thoughts and condolences pour in for Madison Lewis’ family and friends during this challenging period.

Related Posts

Crown App