Wow! Tyra Banks Still Hasn’t Visited Miss J Alexander After His 2022 Stroke

by Grace Somes
Miss J Alexander attends the 2020 Mercedes-Benz Annual Academy Viewing Party at Four Seasons Los Angeles at Beverly Hills on February 09, 2020 in Los Angeles, California., Tyra Banks attends the VIP launch of SMiZE & DREAM Ice Cream on June 19, 2025 in Sydney, Australia. Credit : Jerod Harris/Getty; Don Arnold/WireImage

Miss J Alexander has revealed that Tyra Banks has not visited him in person following his 2022 stroke, despite reaching out via text.

As of early 2026, Miss J expressed disappointment over the absence, noting that other ANTM alumni, including Jay Manuel and Nigel Barker, had offered in-person support during his recovery.

The 67-year-old iconic runway coach and former judge on America’s Next Top Model shared the details during a Thursday, February 19, appearance on Sherri Shepherd’s daytime talk show, Sherri, where he appeared alongside Barker and Manuel. While Tyra, 52, had reached out when his medical emergency first occurred, Miss J pointed out that she had not made a physical visit. “Ty didn’t,” he said, staring into the camera.

The fashion icon described receiving visits from other celebrities and friends, including Angela Bassett, Alfre Woodard, and George Lopez, highlighting the contrast in support. Sherri Shepherd remarked on the long-standing relationship between Miss J and Tyra, noting that he had been mentoring her since she was 17. Barker added that regardless of distance, a friend or someone you care about should “go the extra mile.” When asked how Tyra’s absence made him feel, Miss J responded simply, “Yes.”

Miss J also spoke candidly about his stroke and its impact on his mobility in the new Netflix docuseries Reality Check: Inside America’s Next Top Model, released February 16. He recalled the difficulty of no longer being able to walk, saying, “I miss being the queen of the runway, the queen of the catwalk. I taught models how to walk, and now I can’t walk.”

Regarding his recovery, Miss J told viewers that he has not yet regained full mobility but remains determined. “I’m determined to walk. I’m sure you’re going to see me again. I’m sure. It’s not over for me yet.”

Related Posts

Crown App

FREE
VIEW