‘Star Wars’ Cast Defend ‘Obi-Wan Kenobi’ Star Moses Ingram Following Onslaught of Racist Attacks

by Yah Yah
Voiced by Amazon Polly

The cast of the ‘Star Wars” franchise has leaped to the defense of actor Moses Ingram after she stated that she had been the target of racist online trolls for her role in the new “Obi-Wan Kenobi” series.

Last week on Instagram Stories, Ingram shared that the abuse had caused her to second guess her decision to accept the role.

“I question my purpose in even being here in front of you saying that this is happening,” she said in the video. “I think the thing that bothers me, is this feeling that I’ve had inside of myself — which no one has told me — but this feeling that I’ve just got to shut up and take it. That I’ve just got to grin and bear it. And I’m not built like that,” Ingram said.

Of course, the trolls took pleasure in ramping up their efforts to tear her down, but her peers had her back.

“If anyone intends to make her feel in any way unwelcome, we have only one thing to say: we resist,” the official “Star Wars” account tweeted. “There are more than 20 million sentient species in the Star Wars galaxy, don’t choose to be a racist.”

Ewan McGregor, who serves as executive producer of the series, also defended Ingram.

“It just sickened me to my stomach to hear that this had been happening,” McGregor said. “We stand with Moses, we love Moses. And if you’re sending her bullying messages, you’re no ‘Star Wars’ fan in my mind,” he added.

The “Obi-Wan Kenobi” series premiered on Disney + on May 27.

According to the synopsis, “Obi-Wan Kenobi” begins 10 years after the dramatic events of “Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith” where Obi-Wan Kenobi faced his greatest defeat—the downfall and corruption of his best friend and Jedi apprentice, Anakin Skywalker, who turned to the dark side as evil Sith Lord Darth Vader.

Related Posts

Crown App

FREE
VIEW