There are many options that can be tried to get a bright, white smile at home. Knowing the best ways to go about getting the brightest smile, is going to help you in eliminating the stains that make your smile appear yellow and unattractive. Continue reading this article for tips to achieving a beautiful smile.
* Floss your teeth. You should floss thoroughly at least twice a day. Flossing removes food and helps to fight the build-up of plaque. Most people do not bother to floss at all. Neglecting to do so can damage your teeth. To keep them looking their best, remember to floss.
* Going to a dentist and paying to have your teeth bleached is very effective. Bleaching solution is applied to the teeth, and it stays there for about an hour. Do not worry about taste or burns because they take precautions to prevent this from happening to you. Results can usually be seen after just one session.
* Hardwood ash naturally contains potassium hydroxide which is a natural teeth whitener. You can use this when brushing your teeth, and it is an all natural way of whitening your teeth effectively and extensively. Make sure you use the hardwood ash with your existing toothpaste and other remedies for an effective teeth whitening.
* Drinking through a straw is going to help you keep your teeth looking whiter longer. It will reduce the time that the drink has to settle on your teeth and cause stains. The straw will carry the drink past your teeth and closer to your throat keeping it from getting to your teeth.
* If you do want to make your teeth look whiter by using lip makeup, opt for brighter reds and oranges for your color choices. Colors like light red and coral can really make your teeth appear whiter while using colors that are very light can make any yellow in your teeth stand out.
* To get better-looking teeth through your diet, eat more raw foods. Chewing raw foods can be great for your teeth, and avoiding processed foods means you’ll develop less plaque. While raw foods aren’t a good way to get quick teeth whitening results, eating them regularly will make your teeth sparkle over time.
* Drink plenty of water for a clean and white smile. Make sure to rinse your mouth with water after each meal to prevent permanent staining on your teeth. Water helps rinse out the extras without chemically harming your teeth. Add this simple tip to your everyday lifestyle, and you are sure to be on your way to cleaner teeth.
* One important teeth whitening tip is to try a natural method such as rubbing the insides of an orange peel on your teeth in a back and forth motion. This is a great natural and cheap way to whiten your teeth as opposed to using harsh chemicals that may permanently damage their integrity.
* Try natural remedies to whiten your teeth. Hydrogen peroxide and baking soda have long been known to whiten teeth. These can be used together as a paste to brush your teeth with. You can also swish with a mixture of peroxide and water two or three times daily. This will not only whiten your teeth but will improve the overall state of your oral health.
With all of the options available these days, it can be rather confusing about what product or method of teeth whitening to try first. Give the tips in this article first to see if you get the results that you are looking for. You will likely be impressed with how well they work!