Rihanna’s Clara Lionel Foundation has pledged funds to several organizations, including the Climate Justice Alliance, the Movement for Black Lives, the Indigenous Environmental Network, the Black Feminist Fund and more.
“At the Clara Lionel Foundation, much of the work is rooted in the understanding that climate disasters, which are growing in frequency and intensity, do not impact all communities equally, with communities of color and island nations facing the brunt of climate change. This is why CLF prioritizes both climate resilience and climate justice work across the U.S. and Caribbean,” Rihanna said in a press release, per Complex.
The fashion maven has promised to donate $15 million, which will be distributed between 18 different organizations.
Read the full list below:
- Black Feminist Fund
- Black Visions Collective
- Caribbean Youth Environment Network (CYEN)
- Center for Popular Democracy (CPD)
- Climate and Clean Energy Equity Fund
- Climate Justice Alliance
- Deep South Center for Environmental Justice
- Helen’s Daughters
- HEY Campaign (The Ashley Lashley Foundation)
- Hive Fund for Gender and Climate Justice
- Indigenous Environmental Network
- Integrated Health Outreach
- Movement for Black Lives (M4BL)
- Native Movement
- NDN Collective
- The Caribbean Climate Justice Project
- The Solutions Project
The Clara Lionel grants were made in partnership with Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey’s #StartSmall initiative.
“These grants support entities focused on and led by women, youth, Black, Indigenous, people of color and LGBTQIA+ communities,” a statement reads on the Clara Lionel Foundation’s website. “We invite others to join us in elevating, funding and supporting these groups and others who are on the frontlines of the climate justice movement.”