Why It’s Time to Put Your Health First!
Your well-being should be a priority in your life, yet so many of us place our health on the back burner, leaving it unattended until it boils over on us.
Health seems to be something that’s largely taken for granted. We feel invincible until it fails us. This is clearly the wrong attitude. If you take preventative action, you’ll not only feel better, but your body will thank you by adding years to your life!
As summer is coming to a close this is a great time to reset and take action on becoming a healthier and happier you!
Improve your Health for the Right Reasons
Nowadays many Americans are overweight. As a result, more people than ever are trying to slim down. The problem is a lot of us aren’t trying to lose weight for the right reasons. If you need to lose weight, be sure to do it for yourself, not for anybody else.
Losing weight goes far beyond the superficial. Don’t lose weight only in order to look good, but for your overall health and wellness.
When you try to improve yourself for others, you can lose sight of your motivation if your relationship changes. The motivation needs to be within you, not someone else.
The deeper your commitment to your health, the more difficult it is to cheat on a diet or forego exercise.
It’s also important to realize that you must love yourself first before anyone else will. People are drawn to others who have self-confidence and self-respect. When you care about your well-being, not only will you take better care of yourself, but others will be more likely to do the same.
Here are some ways you can put yourself first and take better care of your overall well-being:
1. See Your Doctor.
If you haven’t been to see a doctor in a while or are in need of an annual checkup, start by making an appointment to get your health evaluated and blood work done. This will give you a good foundation for what improvements you need to make.
2. Find An Exercise Routine You Can Regularly Incorporate Into Your Lifestyle.
It can be as easy as going for a walk. Just put on your shoes and get outdoors. The fresh air and the walk will do wonders for your health. Discover different styles of exercise you like the most and feel confident to adopt as part of your normal routine at least 3 times a week.
3. Make Changes In Your Diet:
- Try reducing red meats, refined sugars, and alcohol for starters. Increase your fresh fruit and vegetable intake.
- Be sure to start off each day with a healthy breakfast like a smoothie, green juice, or a small bowl of fruit. Never skip meals.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day as well.
- When you eat poorly, you’re doing a massive disservice to your body. You are what you eat, after all. If you eat unhealthy foods, you’ll likely end up unhealthy with chronic health issues like high cholesterol, high blood pressure, or diabetes, just to name a few. The healthier foods you eat, the better you’ll feel and the stronger you’ll become. Whether you believe it or not, it’s the truth!
4. Find Time To Relax.
It’s imperative to take care of your mental health, by incorporating relaxation techniques into your lifestyle. Regular relaxation helps reduce stress and anxiety and recharges you so you can bring more energy and passion to all areas of your life.
• Consider taking up yoga or meditation.
• Find time to pursue hobbies you enjoy to help bring you contentment and happiness.
5. Check Your Gut Health!
Consider doing some form of a gut cleanse to help reset and re-balance your gut microbiome. Ninety percent of the “happy hormone” serotonin lives in your gut. Which is a big contributing factor to how you emotionally feel.
If your gut is filled with toxic processed foods it can breed parasites, pathogens, and other toxic microorganisms, which can hijack your body into a craving junk eating machine demanding sugar and other processed foods. This can eventually populate the bacteria and parasites to dominate your gut and poison your cells, blood, and brain.
If you take good care of yourself, you’ll be able to enjoy your life to the fullest. Use these tips every day to improve your health and put yourself first. Following a good wellness plan will help keep you fit and boost your energy!