Cultural commentator and podcast host Elaine is publicly questioning the official narrative surrounding the deaths of three Black sisters whose bodies were recovered from the sea near Brighton Beach in the United Kingdom last week.
“Something ain’t clean in the milk,” Elaine said in an Instagram video that is gaining traction in reaction to the deaths of Jane Adetoro, Christina Walter and Rebecca Walter.

The sisters, all from the Uxbridge area of London, were identified by Sussex Police after emergency responders were called to Brighton’s Madeira Drive near Black Rock car park shortly before dawn on May 13. Authorities said there is currently no evidence of foul play, though investigations remain ongoing.
But Elaine said she has serious doubts about how the tragedy has been publicly explained so far.
“You can’t just chalk it up to drowning and be like, ‘Oh yeah, there was no foul play,’” she said. “How? You’ve only been investigating for seven days.”
In the video, Elaine detailed her own review of the Brighton seafront area using Google Maps and questioned whether the sisters would have voluntarily crossed multiple roads, grassy areas, parking zones and beach stretches before entering the water during the early morning hours.
“So you’re trying to tell me that these three women traveled hills and valleys to get to the sea at five o’clock in the morning?” she asked. “Are we being for real?”
She also challenged whether enough information has been released publicly about the sisters’ condition and the timeline leading up to their deaths.
“We want to know how their bodies were found,” Elaine said. “Were their shoes missing? Were their purses gone? Were their keys still there? Did they make a distress call? Was there dirt under their fingernails?”
The commentator additionally referenced longstanding concerns about racism within British policing institutions, saying her distrust of the investigation is shaped partly by previous controversies involving law enforcement officers in the UK.
“As a Black woman, I already do not feel safe in the UK,” she said. “And this just ups the ante and the paranoia about what I need to do when it comes to my safety.”
According to reporting by the BBC, police are examining whether the women entered the sea from the beach before getting into difficulty in the water. Investigators have reportedly reviewed hundreds of hours of CCTV footage and continue tracing the sisters’ final movements.
Authorities said the women were first spotted near Brighton Palace Pier before drifting toward Brighton Marina.
Sussex Police Chief Superintendent Adam Hays previously stated investigators would “leave no stone unturned” in determining what happened.
Meanwhile, the sisters’ father, Joseph Adetoro, described the deaths as an “unbearable grief” and said losing all three daughters had left “an emptiness that words cannot heal.”
“No words can truly describe the pain of losing three daughters in the prime of their lives,” he said in a statement shared through police.
The tragedy has sparked widespread grief online and renewed discussions about the safety of Black women, public trust in police investigations and unanswered questions surrounding high-profile deaths involving marginalized communities.
